Sunday, June 1, 2008

Aunt Rae's Remedies History

This book came about when a good friend kept calling for all kind of help from stain removal to cold remedies. After a few times calling she said, "Why don't you just write this down." So, I got out a note pad and again to write. trouble was that I am a horrible speller. I got all flustered when I tried to write things down and couldn't. So, It went to a box and stored. A few years later my mother died and I found her tin box with all of her remedies in it. Well, that got me thinking that it was about time to open that box again. I got a old typewriter and transfer the little note cards in to a manuscript but my spelling made it unreadable. so, it was boxed again. Then I got a computer. With the use of spell check, on-line dictionary and a spelling bee champ on retainer it was in readable form.
My daughter-in-law dragged me to writing class where I meet great people and with their encouragement and editing skills I had the courage to submitted it for publication. With a few rejection letters later, I tried Cedar Fort and now they will make a author out of me.

2 comments:

Triple Nickel said...

We're all glad you endured and finished writing the book. It is really interesting. I can't wait for it to go on sale. I can think of several people who would love a copy.
Way to go LaRae!

Triple Nickel said...

Way to go LaRae! We're all glad you endured and got your book published. I know of several people who would love to get a copy.
Congratulations!