Monday, September 1, 2008

Bunny Busting

When I was a kid we all would pile into old trucks and head into the hills to hunt jackrabbits, it was called bunny busting. 95% of the time we would miss the bunny but it was great fun out riding around with the clan. When one of the boys would get lucky and hit a bunny, us girls would feel so bad that one time we had a funeral for the fallen hero.
My outdoor bunny busting days are at an end. But this weekend I relived my childhood adventure of bunny busting but this time it was under the bed. I didn’t use a 22 rife but the business end of the vacuum cleaner. The dust bunnies had evolved to the point that one actual growled at us. At the end of the day bedroom was bunny free and the vacuum bag was full of furry remains.

There a few remedies for dusting I only that I can tell you is ”get the kids to do it."

1 comment:

Cindy Beck, author said...

LaRae,
Although I wouldn't enjoy the real version of bunny busting (I'd be too sad for the bunny to have fun), I loved your version with the vacuum cleaner. You have a great, down-home way with words!